Sunday, April 19, 2009

Grandmother Song #200



I made five pictures representing the five parts of the song and taped them to a paint stick. My printer only prints black and white, so these visual aids are just as they are.

  1. You give me a kiss.
  2. You give me a hug.
  3. You smile when you see me, too.
  4. I wish every child in the whole wide world.
  5. Had a grandmother just like you.

I had my pianist play this in a cycle so that we sang it several times without stopping. A great idea here is to have them try to not say one of the words as they sing it. Leave out hug, or in and see how they do, it's kind of fun.

The primary must have sung this one before because they sang it really well after I sang it to them once. This is a great song, really catchy and with a wonderful message and spirit.

Today we sang two mother's day songs and the Spanish and English "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ". We also sang Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam, the Snowman song, and this week's gospel review was Called to Serve. Next week we're doing "Mother Dear" #206 so that we are doing a total of 3 songs in Sacrament meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find the pictures for the Grandmother song? I would love something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures were clip art from Microsoft Word. I just printed them out and laminated them. I love it when it's easy!

    ReplyDelete