Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fathers #209 for Singing on Fathers Day (I know it's early!)

In getting ready to teach a song for Fathers day, I had my husband take two pictures of the Bishop today. When I make visual aids for the song, I can put his picture in as the "father of our ward". I know it's early but when I go to put this together, I don't want to call the Bishop at 10pm the night before. I need ideas for "the father of our home". Do I take a picture of some of the dad's, or pick one family and take a photo with their dad? I'm just not sure, still plenty of time........

4 comments:

  1. What about a generic "father" photo or an illustrated one? You can find some in sugardoodle clipart.

    I'm doing this song too and I love the picture of the bishop idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have been making my visual aids for the songs this year, I have used pitures of my family, and my mom and dad. I love sharing pictures and the kids get to know me a little better. Now if I could just sing the Mother's Day song without tearing up when I show the picture of my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tear up too and I don't even use pictures of my mom. That would intensify how much I already choke up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ran across your blog looking for ideas for the Grandmother song. I think it would be really fun to have a picture of you and your dad for the father picture. No one is hurt that way and you can still use an actual photograph.

    ReplyDelete