Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Have a Very Happy Birthday



I taught a new birthday song this week. I used four pictures to represent the four parts of the song. It's a really short song and since we only did the first verse the kids picked it up really quickly. I also wore the birthday cake hat, so did Shannon, and the kids thought that was wonderful.

I wanted something to conduct with that was a little different so I used a wrapping paper tube and covered it with scrapbooking paper. Then I made a flame out of yellow paper, stapled it all the way around and stuffed it with batting. I made my own giant birthday cake candle so that I could point to the different parts of the song. The Jr. Primary used the candle for conducting. The Sr. Primary wanted to the hide the candle so that we could sing loud/soft while another child found it. That way we sang the song over and over until they had it down really well. We reviewed the other birthday songs and ironed out some kinks that some of them have and overall it was a really nice Sunday. It's good to review the songs they know and just make sure everyone knows them. It was nice to go over Feliz Cumpleanos again, some of the younger ones really benefited from the review.

And now, it's time to get ready for the program.....

No comments:

Post a Comment