Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Program Idea

At my Mom's ward this week they passed around the Primary Program outline. It was unlike anything I have seen before and so I want to share. The program goes like this:

CTR 5 class: I am a spirit Child of Heavenly Father
Song: I lived in Heaven
Family: I came to earth as part of a family
Song: How Firm a Foundation
Family: Family members have important responsibilities
Song: My Eternal Family
Girl: Jesus Christ made it possible for me to live with my Heavenly Father again
Song: I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ
Family: Baptism and confirmation are ordinances that bless my family
Song: Baptism
Class: Faith, prayer, repentance and forgiveness strengthen me and my family
Song: Seek the Lord Early
Family: I will strengthen my family
Song: Give said the little stream
Family: temple blessings unite families
Song: Families can be together forever
Valiant A: Prophets teach me how to strengthen my family
Family: My family is blessed when we remember Jesus Christ
Song: As I have loved you (English and Spanish)

As I looked around their primary I realized that with just 20 kids most of them had siblings in the primary and they had divided most of them up into speaking parts that they write with their families, and their family presents their parts together. The few kids who didn't have siblings spoke with their class. I thought this was such an interesting idea especially because this year's theme is about the family. Instead of individuals they will have families speaking. I think it's a great idea! We have way too many kids to do that, but it's a great thing to note for the future.
They sang the Eternal Family song all through singing time and they really struggled with it. They haven't sung it since they learned it a few months ago and that's probably why. It's so important to keep singing the songs, even last years songs and from the year before. It's repetition that helps them learn (okay, I'm off my soap box now).
Enjoy General Conference!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment