Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fathers Day Song #209

I had our fabulous secretary take pictures of the dads roaming the halls two weeks ago. It was a lot easier than running around to different houses trying to catch dads while they were home. I hope the kids like seeing their dads.
Our Bishop kindly consented to be photographed, which is great! For the third verse I had a really hard time finding pictures of the Father. There aren't that many, so both of these are of the same scene.
I made 3 different sets of visual aids for the chorus, that way I could flip through them without having to go back. There are different fathers for the other two, that way I could incorporate more dads. I think I need to draw a heart around the dad on the very special love page.

I don't always put all the words on the visual aids, but we don't have a lot of time to learn the song and it is kind of long. This way the older kids can read the words if they need them and the younger kids can see the pictures.

UPDATE: June 2014.  I made these up again in my new ward.  The kids love seeing the pictures of their dads.  I found the file I used and I tried to put it into Google docs but it doesn't support the font I used.  If you  have Microsoft word I will email you the file, then you add your own photos.  email me at matildaquilts@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I think the dad in the first photo is especially hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to say that. You should also say what a darling baby she is too. Too bad she wouldn't turn around. I hope you enjoyed your time alone in RS while they were in the hall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this idea. It was very helpful to me!

    ReplyDelete