Monday, December 19, 2011

Singing in Sacrament Meeting

We sang our three songs, and as so often happens there are some kids that really stand out from the rest.  There are the cute sunbeams who smile and wave to their parents.  There are the older kids who stand sullenly in the back and then there is the one girl or boy who sings out with all their heart and as joyfully as they can (without regard for volume and in some cases tempo).
This time my standout singer was Hannah.  An 8 year old girl with a smile a mile wide and heart that's twice as big as she is.  She sang out beautifully and made me grin from ear to ear with happiness.  She carried the whole primary.  Because of her the others sang better, and louder.  Because of her the older boys took notice and actually sang.  Because of her the ward paid attention and showered her parents with praise for her efforts.  Because of her we played the musical measles in primary, and she was covered in stickers from the very start.  (please see the musical measles post for instructions)
Thank you Hannah!  You made my Christmas merry!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I've never been the chorister before (I start tomorrow). I found so much joy in your website, but especially in this post. I can just picture "hannah" up there snging her heart out, and it reminded me of singning in the primary program many many years ago. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete