Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'll Seek the Lord Early


I taught I'll Seek the Lord Early at the Primary Activity yesterday. I took those Scotch sticky hooks and put them on either side of the room, then I ran a rope across the room about my eye level and hung the pictures from them. It made it really easy to see the visual aids, they weren't wiggling and I could point to them as we went along. The kids picked it up really quickly.
The theme of the activity was Dads. I had fifteen minutes with each group and after we had sung this song a few times, plus some Fathers day songs, I wanted to do some fun activities that we can't do on Sundays. We have two doors in the primary room that lead into the same hall so we did laps jogging and singing Book of Mormon Stories. We sang Follow the Prophet, spinning on "the", and jumping and clapping on "prophet". We did Do as I'm Doing leaping and clapping and moving around. It was a serious workout for me, I did it with all five groups. It was so much fun.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I so wish you had a button, I would LOVE to do a button swap with you!! YOur amazing!!
    www.TheDressUpDrawer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun way to teach music. Thank's for sharing our talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful idea - where do I get those scotch sticky hooks? What exactly are they?

    ReplyDelete